Saturday, October 24, 2009

Gentlemen's Racing

Rapha Gentlemen's Race - Sept. 6th, 2008 from RAPHA on Vimeo.


Just so happens that, involuntarily, I had some time on my hands today considering my laptop is on its last legs (how infuriatingly frustrating is that?!), thus the reason for multiple posts. Nevertheless, I stumbled upon some videos(actually last year) produced by the folks at Rapha UK, and find them quite interesting and captivating (so much so that i thought I'd share with our 4 "followers" (wahooo!)--the scenery, the production, the music, the riding--everything that evokes the "epic" ride--makes you (well me) want to just get out there with a group of riders and just ride, far and long, multiple consecutive days in a row. I'll post a few here and there. Here are 2 that are evocative and just pure fun--somewhere between Paris-Roubaix, The Gumball Rally ('76 version, of course,) and the Cannonball Run, meets Breaking Away is this concept now becoming known as the "Gentleman's Race." 100+ miles unsanctioned, unsupported, yet ruled by a chivalrous notion of sportsmanship. This first one is quite possibly the first known (or publicized) such "race." Enjoy. The 2nd below, is more recent, and took place not to far from here in Upstate NY.

Get inspired, for your next epic ride.

Rapha Gentlemen's Race - New Paltz, NY from RAPHA on Vimeo.


*Jeff P